Perth is now Australia’s most expensive city and the tenth priciest to live in worldwide, according to a recent study by Numbeo.
This is something I’ve experiences first hand, but it didn’t become as obvious to me until my recent trip to China and Poland where a 500ml can of full strength beer from a supermarket cost $1AUD and restaurant dinners with drinks came in below $10AUD per person. My friends and relatives could not comprehend that it was normal in Perth to hand over $10AUD for a pint of beer and not receive a cent in change. That got me thinking.
The fact that I managed to save a substantial sum of money on food whilst on holiday shocked me. So what I’ve done to combat the ever growing cost of eating out I’ve thrown together a list of popular Perth meals for $10 or less. Because everyone deserves to enjoy an out-of-home meal every now and then.
- Alfred’s Kitchen (Guildford) Pea & Ham Soup – $6.00 Large $4.00 Small
- Alfred’s Kitchen (Guildford) Various burgers including – $9.90 Hamburger Cheese Bacon
- Ankara Kebabs (Inglewood) $10 Chicken Kebab
- Bayswater Hotel (Bayswater) Friday/Saturday/Sunday [12-4pm] – $10 Pizza
- Benny’s Bar & Café (Fremantle) Wednesday – $10 Parmigiana
- The Harbour Terrace (Hillarys) Wednesday – $10 5 Pizza Selection
- Left Bank (East Fremantle) Friday [5-9pm] – $10 Pizza and Pint
- Left Bank (East Fremantle) Tuesday [from 11:30am] – $10 Mussels with chilli tomato sauce and Turkish bread
- Mullaloo Beach Hotel (Mullaloo) Monday [from 6pm with a drink order] – $10 Pizza/Pasta
- Mullaloo Beach Hotel (Mullaloo) Thursday [from 6pm with a drink order] – $10 BBQ Ribs
- Mullaloo Beach Hotel (Mullaloo) Tuesday [from 6pm with a drink order] – $10 Parmigiana
- Mullaloo Beach Hotel (Mullaloo) Wednesday [from 6pm with a drink order] – $10 Lamb Shank
- Rigbys Bar (CBD) Monday/Tuesday [Lunch] – $10 Steak & Chips
- Rigbys Bar (CBD) Wednesday/Thursday/Friday [Lunch & Dinner] – $10 Steak & Chips
- Taka’s Kitchen (Barrack Street / Shafto Lane / Fremantle) Various Japanese Dishes
- TanPopo (Mount Lawley) Various Japanese dishes
- The Court (Northbridge) Monday/Tuesday [from 5pm] – $10 Pizza
- The Court (Northbridge) Wednesday [from 6pm] – $6 Pizza
- The Flying Scotsman (Mount Lawley) Sunday – $10 Pizza & Pint
- Universal Bar (Perth) Friday/Saturday/Sunday [5-10pm] – $10 Pizza & Pint
If you here, see or have the pleasure of enjoying any meals for $10 or less in Perth please let me know so I can add them to my list.
You can also find this guide on Urbanspoon:http://www.urbanspoon.com/guides/10207-perth-meals-for-10-or-less-no-junk-fast-food